debbie millman

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cheshire Cat Grin

Several versions of one of the best tunes on Radiohead's In Rainbows: Jigsaw Falling In Place, complete with lyrics to enhance your listening pleasure.





Just as you take my hand
Just as you write my number down
Just as the drinks arrive
Just as they play your favourite song
As your bad mood disappears
No longer wound up like a spring
Before you've had too much
Come back in focus again

The walls abandon shape
They got a cheshire cat grin
All blurring into one
This place is on a mission
Before the night owl
Before the animal noises
Closed circuit cameras
Before you're comatose

Before you run away from me
Before you're lost between the notes
The beat goes round and round
The beat goes round and round
I never really got there
I just pretended that I had

What's the point of instruments
Words are a sawed off shotgun

Come on and let it out (4x)

Before you run away from me
Before you're lost between the notes
Just as you take the mic
Just as you dance, dance, dance

Jigsaw falling into place
There is nothing to explain
Regard each other as you pass
She looks back, you look back
Not just once
Not just twice
Wish away the nightmare
Wish away the nightmare
You've got a light you can feel it on your back
You've got a light you can feel it on your back
Jigsaws falling into places, places

2 Comments:

Blogger eric said...

one of the best cd's from 07...

2/24/2008 02:52:00 PM  
Blogger Shalimar said...

Amazing album. This song is my favorite on the whole CD. I think i've played about 300 times since i got the album back when it was downloadable. It is hard to pick a favorite on this disc, which to me is practically perfect.

I really enjoy what they did with the video.

2/24/2008 05:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

things i paint
things i photograph
design matters design matters poster designed by Firebelly
about me things i do those i thank things i like current playlist