debbie millman

Monday, June 25, 2007

Heart Made Out of Sound

From Very Short List, another not-to-be-missed new video, this time by the California quartet the SoftLightes.

Their first single, “Heart Made of Sound,” is the perfect roll-the-windows-down-on-a-warm-day ditty, managing to be sunny, mellow, and catchy. The video, directed by Kris Moye (who knows a little something about rockers; his brother is in the popular Sydney band the Presets), uses stop-motion photography and takes a clever and literal twist on the poppy song. The words appear as they are sung and are formed with materials that match their meaning: cloud from fluffy flour, been out of green beans, spring with Slinkys.

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi, Debbie!

I love this! The song is great, and I can show this video to my students when I talk to them about layout too. It's always so fun to find out about bands I haven't heard yet from your blog!

6/25/2007 09:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

things i paint
things i photograph
design matters design matters poster designed by Firebelly
about me things i do those i thank things i like current playlist