debbie millman

Sunday, October 29, 2006

An Assessment: 45 Things I am Grateful For

Half of 90. This is what Simon told me I was today. Needless to say, it softened the blow.

In preparation for this occasion, I have been mentally compiling a list of 45 things I am thankful for. They are people, places, things, ideas...whatever. They are things that inspire me, things that make me smile, things I enjoy, and the very special things that I love. In NO particular order:

1) my furry family: rothko, duff, scruffy and lucy
2) my human family: dad, george, josh and jake
3) my inner circle: sueb, milligan, kat, jan, pam and megan
4) the vits and the kingsleys
5) maria and miss clara, without whom i couldn't live my life as i know it
6) my friends at sterling, especially simon and simon, lisa and gregory, ellie and m
7) my new girls: marian, joyce, emily, cher and babs
8) kayla
9) billy newton john and those crazy kids at national
10) erica, aj, uncle lew, mike, ilene, maya and all the feinmans
11) speaking up
12) sva
13) the esb
14) iced grande skim lattes at buckets of stars
15) big mac meals at mickey's
16) steve heller and mister glaser
17) jfiii
18) alexandra
19) lee lee and lou lou
20) sandra kiersky
21) manhattan: the movie and the place
22) vezzanello, italy
23) amy, steve, bill, lisa, darralyn, pamela, amanda, christine and isaac: my amazing clients and friends
24) print magazine
25) the caption contest in new yorker magazine
26) scrabble
27) menthols
28) good lighters
29) the number 29
30) um, the internet, blogging, email and ebay
31) my bed, especially when it is made with nice linens
32) three very special men: mister edelstein and mister trelin, and j. vipper
33) my garden and the occasional peony
34) dominique browning's editorials in House & Garden magazine
35) luke and smalls
36) voice america, design matters and the kind and generous people who listen to the show
37) snowglobes
38) my childhood library
39) diet dr. pepper
40) english cucumbers
41) the paintings of mark rothko
42) the world that was jean michel basquiat
43) charles olsen's poetry
44) joni mitchell
45) from one man, the world: edwin rivera

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a wonderful list and insight into what makes you, you. love it!
cm

11/02/2006 01:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swetie,

sweet, very sweet.

I'm near on half of 100 so you've given wonderful ideas ...

Now to come up with fifty ...

Grinning big ... I sure can ...

11/02/2006 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Tania Rochelle said...

How I love Diet Dr. Pepper!

11/02/2006 04:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

things i paint
things i photograph
design matters design matters poster designed by Firebelly
about me things i do those i thank things i like current playlist