debbie millman

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Poem: Not You

It is better before the beginning--
muscles taut and belly aflutter.
Now I shake when I think of you.

It is better before the beginning, really--
when there exists only a representation,
when it is easy to misappropriate,

when there is so little to be ashamed of.
I wait for it to start and my breath
moves down my back, up through my thighs,

stops and settles.
It is better before the beginning--
Before it starts. Before we ruin everything.

2 Comments:

Blogger M B said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/15/2006 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger M B said...

I'd just like to say, your show, "Design Matters" is simply a breath of fresh air in the field of design criticism and well radio in general.

I've never found a show so interesting, with topics that not only reflect on design but how we as designers affect the world at a whole.

I have the utmost respect towards you. Thank you so much for your show!

6/15/2006 10:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

things i paint
things i photograph
design matters design matters poster designed by Firebelly
about me things i do those i thank things i like current playlist